Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I would like a CT scan analysed by a Radiologist highly

I would like a CT scan analysed by a Radiologist highly skilled in reading these scans. We have the scans.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Doctor has been seen. No medication. Scan purchased privately from Nuffield health locally.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Penicillin allergy. Sometimes take Ibuprofen.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: an appendicectomy in 2013 following which an pseudo-aneurysm of the inferior mesenteric artery which was embolised.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We have since learned that the area for the embolisation is not the inferior mesenteric artery (local hospital got this incorrect despite performing the procedure) - but is in fact the embolisation coils are actually in the left inferior epigastric artery.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

We have the full zip file created by the Sectra UniView system.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

the inferior mesenteric artery is much larger and comes out anterior on the abdominal aorta.

the inferior epigastric artery is much smaller.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Understood. My question is whether I can pay to have the scans independently assessed by an expert radiologist?

no, we are doctors here to help answer medical questions.

there are a lot of images on a CT scan.

we don't write out medical legal documents here

are you looking to sue the doctor?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

No not at all. The hospital cannot find anything wrong, Yet there is discomfort and hardness is different areas. I want a second opinion. Is that not possible via a private provider?

it will be difficult to find a private radiologist

https://www.privatehealth.co.uk/doctors-and-health-professionals/search-results/?professionals=a_doctor&speciality=Radiology%20-%20General&range=30&price_include=1&app_include=1&exp_include=1&init=on&sort_by=1

you can find consultant radiologist in the UK on this site to help you

https://www.privatehealth.co.uk/doctors-and-health-professionals/radiology-general/c-thomas/

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

OK thanks you for your help