Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, General Physician
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I sent blood test results and I would like you to go through

I sent blood test results and I would like you to go through them with me

Hi, I'm Dr Osula, thank you for your question, please give me a minute to look at them, did you do any more blood tests?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No doctor only this one that I sent you

ok, this is just a test of your liver function which is nothing to do with the symptoms you describe, do you know why your Dr sent you for liver tests? Do you drink alcohol?

The tests by the way were normal

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I drink alcohol on rare occasions but I was having pain in the right side of my stomach which is why the doctor did a blood test, I’m just need to know if all the levels are normal in the blood test
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
*i just need to know

Ok, doing a liver test would not indicate why you had pain on your right side, there are a number of other reasons

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I see, but are HB, WBC RBC etc levels all normal ?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
And would these sort of tests find any blood clots or something doctor ?

Did you do a full blood count as the only results you attached are liver tests?

Lets look at your symptoms - what do you mean by confusion?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Most days I wake up and feel confused, even when I’m active during the day I feel confused meaning I don’t know what’s going on around me sometimes, and other days I feel tired / fainty for no reason at all
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Could this be linked to the brain do you think?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Also my left arm goes numb from time to time

Possibly and Possibly not, as confusion can be caused by lots of different things such as infection, vitamin defiency, blood disorders whch are not to do with the brain

You will need a barrage of tests

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Doctor I’ve been to my gp countless times for these problems that I’m discussing with you and they never seem to refer me to anywhere and they never further investigate the problem
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Something needs to be done

I can give you a list of blood tests you'll need if not already done and other tests if you want

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That would be helpful doctor

For the confusion and tiredness - full blood count, iron, folate, Vit b12, Vit D, urea and electrolytes, coeliac screen, ESR, thyroid function test

For the numbness of left arm - pretty difficult to sugges without a face to face as it could be any nerve from neck down to elbow. But you might need any of MRI neck, or nerve conduction studies to find out which nerve is the problem

For the right stomach pain, an abdominal ultrasound looking at liver/gallstones or stool test to rule out bacterial infection

If despite all these tests, and nothing found then based on the confusion and numbness, referral to neurologist

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay I’ll tell my new gp about these tests once I register with them, doctor thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it

No worries, please feel free to leave feedback if satisfied with my service, and feel free to ask further questions