How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5727
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now

Hy There, Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet?

This answer was rated:

Hy There,
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I falled down from bouldering about 2 meters. Went to A&E with my sprained ankle as after 45 minutes the pain did not ease. Got X-ray, nothing broken, got crutches and applied RICE. Came back to the UK, still was not able to walk after 10 day so been to Urgent care who referred me in to a physiotheraphy. There they reviewed my scans and think I might have a fracture so they said will send me a letter to see an orthopedic. Since then luckily there is no swelling as I still elevate my feet. I self assessed my ankles and the injured one and the outside ankle bone is about 3 times bigger and hard like a bone. It's painful when I press it at some points.
Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: It was swelling a twice as big until the 9th day. Now is okay
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: This is my first sprain.
Hi. An mri is a better test to detect a fracture or the degree of tendon sprain or tear of a ligament. Physical therapy is beneficial. I suggest you see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in foot and ankle.
Dr. Mark and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you