Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, General Physician
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I went to my doctor this afternoon with my heart racing, a

I went to my doctor this afternoon with my heart racing, a temperature, tight chest and breathlessness. My doctor says all my blood has come back normal and they don’t know what else to do.What can I do to help myself if my doctor won’t listen to me?

Hi, I'm Dr Osula, do you have asthma or any other medical condition?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I had asthma as a child and only plays up when I have a cold. Normally I can control it, but this year I can’t.
I’ve had 2 lots of steroids for breathing that haven’t helped, and I’m taking inhaler. My doctor told me to stop taking my blue inhaler.

ok, just that it sounds like asthma attack to me. I'll advise you attend A+E urgently as sounds like infection that might need antibioitics and nebulisers if steroid tablets and inhalers have not helped

In the meantime, you can take up to 10 puffs of your blue inhaler 4 times daily

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Here my blood results
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
And more

CRP is only slightly high but with fever and breathlesness, you'll need somethin extra, nebuilsers and maybe a brown steroid inhaler to go home with, possibly chest xray also

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My doctor told me I not allowed to take my blue inhaler
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’ve got brown inhaler which I got told to carry on taking

why are you not allowed?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Because she told me she doesn’t think it’s asthma. And because I’ve taken it 4 times already today
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
She sent me home with a slight temperature and a racing heart. Told me if I got worse to call out of hours or go see another doctor.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I feel I’m not being listened to by my doctor, feels like they won’t help me.

So why dont you follow my advice, and go to A+E, so you can have a second opinion, as you need your heart rate, temperature, peak flow and chest checked out

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Could you tell me what my blood samples mean please? Doctor says that they read normal and there’s no need to follow up

Your haemoglobin is normal, and your neutrophil and CRP if very high would have indicated infection, but CRP is 7 and not high enough, but it coudl be its gradually rising.

In other areas, CRP of less than 10 is classed as normal, but the values on your paper is less than 5.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you think I have an infection of some sort?

it could be viral based on the blood tests but without examining you, I cant say for sure.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

No worries, but any chest tightness and breathlessness is classed as acute emergency and so should be seen by a Doctor same day

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I saw doctor today about it and they did nothing �� I’ve just had enough that they won’t do anything to help me.

Hi, You saw one doctor, That doctor does not represent all the other doctors. Go and get a second opinion unless you're feeling better in yourself

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’ve seen 3 different doctors now, first one didn’t want to give me an inhaler when i was in a&e and given steroids (twice) 2nd doctor sent me for these blood tests and the doctor I saw this evening said I was fine and to stop taking my inhaler.

Have you had a chest xray?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No. I’ve got a lung capacity test in few weeks time

ok, you'll need a chest xray also, you should request for that,

Anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I think that’s it thank you

ok no worries, if your symptoms do get worse, then make sure see a Dr. Feel free to leave feedback rating if happy with my service, thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What would happen if I went to walk in centre tomorrow morning instead of my doctor? Do you think they would help me at all?

You would never know unless you try, but they wont be able to do any xrays for you there. I don't think a trial of 5-day antibiotic would do any harm. Though its difficult to determine if you do need one without seeing you in person

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. I’ll see if i can go to walk in centre tomorrow and see if they can help me. Thank you so much for your help tonight

No worries

Customer: replied 12 hours ago.
I’ve had chest c-ray done but it’s not come back yet. I feel dizzy every time I try to get up

Is the breathing better?

Customer: replied 11 hours ago.
A little better, but still pain between shoulder blades and throat still sore to the point I’ve been sick

Did you have the antibiotics?

Customer: replied 11 hours ago.
No. They wouldn’t give me any

yes, regardless of xray result, a bit of antibiotic wont hurt, keep pushing

drink lots of fluids, and try not to stand up too often, and get up slowly

Customer: replied 11 hours ago.

No worries