wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Rick, My 8 years old son was diagnosed with vernal

Hi Dr. Rick,My 8 years old son was diagnosed with vernal keratoconjunctivitis 4 years ago. We recently went to the hospital because he had flare up. Today I have received the report of our visit. Ophthalmologist stated that his eye is white and cornea is clear with few punctate stains.What are punctate stains? Can it cause any permanent damage?

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

They are nothing to be worried about.

It is just from a few very, very small areas where is cornea is taking up some of the yellow dye they use on his eye during the exam.

It is nothing to worry about.....might be from just a little bit of dryness of his eyes or mild inflammation related to his ongoing vernal.

So. What is the take home message?

This is nothing to concern yourself over.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you Dr. Rick! She told us that his eyes are a bit dry. Can they go away once his eyes are improved?

yes. They are very transient....they can be seen on exam and gone during an evaluation an hour later....

Nothing to worry about at all.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much Dr. Rick!

Have a good weekend :-)

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You too :)

thx