wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have dry socket infection and I am in agony my dentist

Customer Question

I have dry socket infection and I am in agony my dentist said I don’t need antibiotics yet but I am petrified it is spreading and had a scare last year with encephalitis due to a water infection that didn’t get treated
I spent 8 days in hospital on a drip of acclovir to treat hsv1 infection
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 days ago.

There is no need to worry.

this is not the same as your previous bladder infection.

as long as you do not have any sign of infection in your socket antibiotics would be useless and would probably cause more harm than anything else.

So. What to do?

Put your fears at rest and trust that your DDS knows what she is doing.

All will be fine in the long run.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS