Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I had a missed miscarriage 4 weeks ago and had to have

Hi I had a missed miscarriage 4 weeks ago and had to have tablets to pass it. I have done several pregnancy tests and they are still showing a faint positive. My main problem is that the last few day I have had severe sharp pains in my lower abdomen and have had a brown discharge, and have today been urinating a lot (which causes pain in my stomach also)
Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: The last 2 days I have been in pain, and it is getting worse. No vomiting or nausea
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also bloated, the pain is lower right side of the tummy, low down.
Hi.welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
These can be the signs of pelvic infection.
Did you follow up with your gynecologist after abortion..?
You may have retained some products of conception!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No I was just told to do a pregnancy test after 3 weeks ad 6 weeks. The pain has only started the last 2 days
Ok.you should call your doctor as early as possible.it is important to rule out pelvic infection at this time.some times some POC's are retained inside and may become infected.She may remove them and start antibiotics if you have infection!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok - is it normal to get an infection for that this amount of time after?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
And is it normal to still be getting positive pregnancy tests?
No.the hcg should go down after misscarriage and by the time you are 2 weeks or more post miscarriage, your urine test should be negative. Positive test at this time means either you are pregnant again or you have retained some products of conception and your abortion was not complete!
I hope it helps!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you so much, didn’t want to waste an appointment with my doctor if these symptoms were normal but I will make an appointment. Thanks again.
You are welcome .Nope you should definitely .
I wish you good luck!
Please CLICK the stars on the top of your screen to RATE my answer.
I appreciate it!
I highly appreciate your 5 STARS RATING!
Please don't forget to RATE my answer.
This is the only way I get COMPENSATED!