How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask the-good-doctor Your Own Question
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 69679
Experience:  Medical Doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
the-good-doctor is online now

I have been to the doctors around 2 months ago with pain in

This answer was rated:

I have been to the doctors around 2 months ago with pain in my wrist/ area leading up to my thumb; I was told I had tendonitis and to use a strap and was prescribed naproxen as an Anti-inflammatory . I am now on my second prescription of naproxen which I only take at night so it doesn’t wake me through sleep. this evening my hand is so sore and I have also noticed it’s slightly swollen and I have a red mark from where the pain is specifically coming from. I have read on the nhs website that you can also get a ripped/ ruptured tendon.. how do I know 100% that this is it and when should I book another appointment to see a doctor. I don’t want to waste their time for them to only tell me to do the same things I have already been told to do
Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Only naproxen and I am to penicillin
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a baby 6 months ago so the doctor I originally saw said that this has probably come from loading her up ect

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

it could also be gout or DeQuervains tenosynovitis

do you have a pic?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The mark has gone down a bit now

I think you need further tests

I would recommend tests for gout and infection

They can do a steroid injection as well that can help

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

the-good-doctor and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I should book an appointment tomorrow?