DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I think I might have temporal lobe epilepsy. I experience

Hi. I think I might have temporal lobe epilepsy. I experience Jamais vu, extreme fear and sense of unreality with rolling stomach out of the blue. It only lasts a few seconds but can be up to 30 times a day. I’ve been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, and they do terrify me. I’ve only just come across TLE but it makes much more sense to me than ‘depression’. I’m going to the GP on Monday to try to get a referral to a nurologist, but do you think she’s going to believe me? I think I’m going to get dismissed as a hypochondriac.
Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: It’s been a feature of my life on and off since I was 16. I’m 47. No nausea.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: It seems to be getting worse as I age and get nearer menopause. It was really bad around my pregnancies too. Otherwise I’m very well. Do you think I might be onto something?

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I think if you have these symptoms you must be evaluated for a temporal lobe epilepsy

Only if you have been cleared by a neurologist then we can say it is only anxiety

I think your GP will refer you to a neurologist for evaluation

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thanks.

You are welcome