Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I have severe health anxiety and have been having bad pains

Hi...I have severe health anxiety and have been having bad pains in my lower back buttocks rectum and legs and change to bowel habits and hemerroids...I am unable to function as I have called 111 and they said my blood results were slightly abnormal and infection was shown in my stool sample...I cannot stop the panic and am certain I am going to die..I know there is probably little you can do to reassure me..but if there is any advice you can provide at all I will be grateful xxx
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
May I request you to upload the latest blood reports please?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi there..I do not have a copy but I know the bloods that were elevated were concerning Eryth sedimentation was raised but not dramatically and another but I cannot remember...the stools had infection identified

Thank you for the information.

I do not think there is anything for you to worry about at all.

Be rest assured.

Are you having only pain or bleeds too per rectum?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Bleeds are only from hemerroids but took strong suppositories which have stopped the bleeding however I was concerned with the bloods as anemic can occur through stool blood loss that's why I panicked more..
No need to panic.
There's nothing serious please.

If you can express your healthcare concern.... I will try to relieve your fears.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am concerned re cancer as the pains in my back and rectum are severe and also feel pains in my legs and buttocks so I think that a tumour is pressing onto my nerves or something...and obviously the abnormal bloods and stools samples ...

But you have not expressed any constitutional symptoms.

If there was a tumor which was having such pressure effects then there should have been constitutional symptoms like - unintentional weight loss/ loss of appetite/ cachexia/ fever and regional lymph node enlargement.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I do have loss of appetite but am very stressed out which puts me off eating.I also had a fever for 24 hours before the pains in my back appeared

But this is not suggestive of anything cancerous.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Do you mind me asking what would be...

I did not understand please.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What would be the signs of cancer I would be looking out for? Searching online symptoms all indicate possibly cancer..

Please do not google - it is always patient tailored approach which is best.

Moreover if it is so - the bloods would not have been normal.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I will not Google anymore...however my bloods were not normal ?
Erythrocyte sedimentation rate which is not raised dramatically is not something which can be accounted for as related to cancer.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay..thank you....I presume the stool sample indicates some kind of infection that requires investigation...with my symptoms what may this suggest

May be a simple viral or bacterial gastroenteritis or colitis. But not anything life threatening.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry last question...would these conditions cause the persistent pain the the lower back and rectum area??
Colitis and gastroenteritis can cause this type of pain.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay thank you for your reassurance ��
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani