Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

Lbbb with mild lvsd easily controlled and halted? Assistant:

Lbbb with mild lvsd easily controlled and halted ?
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yee and they are fairly relaxed about it on ce inhibitor
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: on hrt
Hi. Systolic dysfunction is treated and controlled with a combination of medication. Either an ACE or an ARB along with a beta blocker such as Coreg. Spironolactone is also beneficial. These meds help improve the LV
Diuretics are used to control fluid retention. LBBB is a chronic condition. There’s no specific treatment for that.
Does that answer your question?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can it be halted or is it a death sentence
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s only mild. Can I stay at mild for many many years with healthy lifestyle
What is your ejection fraction? That determines one’s prognosis. Also the cause of the systolic dysfunction is important to know. Is it due to hypertension, diabetes, coronary artery artery disease, etc. if the causes of a heart failure or well-controlled such as treating hypertension and diabetes and the ejection fraction is only mildly reduced, then using the above medications can stabilize the left ventricle for many years.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s only mildly reduced it’s not low. I have hypertension no artery deaease they are normal from ct scan. I think it’s 50 something -
A normal ejection fraction is 55% or higher. If you maintain a normal blood pressure and are treated with the medications that I mentioned, then I would expect to your left ventricle to improve and you will live a long healthy life.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you so much.
You’re very welcome. I’d appreciate you rating my answers with the stars on your screen so I receive feedback and credit. Thanks