Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had my period about a week ago and it’s back again

Hi, I had my period about a week ago and it’s back again yesterday with heavy bleeding. In the meantime I developed a fever too so it freaked me out and just want to make sure this is normal and not linked to the fever?
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: quite regular. At the moment I have regular period cramps
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no overall very healthy. Just mild asthma. No other medication

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today.

What is your age?

Is your fever high grade (more than 100 Fahrenheit) and do you have lower abdominal cramps?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m 30. Fever yesterday was 39
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes normal period cramps

Are you sexually active?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I did a pregnancy test just to rule that out and it was negative

I was going to suggest that you do a pregnancy test, but since you have already done that, ectopic pregnancy is ruled out.

So, for now, the periods and the fever do not seem to be related. However, I will suggest that you keep an eye on the symptoms and monitor your fever. If the episode keeps repeating itself and there is no other identifiable cause for the fever like a UTI, sore throat, etc. then you should see your Gp for an evaluation.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you, will do

You're welcome.

Take good care and please do remember to click on the 5-stars.

Best regards.