neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

FH: Ichaemic heart disease on my medical records what does

FH: Ichaemic heart disease on my medical records what does this mean please. It was diagnosed 2017 but my doctor has never mentioned it
Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: My mother died at 60 of heart attack my grand father had angina 2 siblings died at 34 and 55 but not heart attack
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My health has deteriorated a lot in last 5yrs I have no energy and have constant hip pain

Hello -

Have you had any abnormal EKGs? Abnormal stress tests?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’m not sure what that is but I’ve had high cholesterol in the past

OK, thanks.

Basically ischemic heart disease means lack of oxygen to the heart.

Which can come from many conditions, but essentially conditions that can lead to a heart attack.

If you've never had a heart issue in the past, I'm not sure why they would put that on your health records, but perhaps they found some issue with a previous EKG or echocardiogram that caused suspicion for heart issues?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I did have my heart monitored as I was having chest pains my left arm was going numb and pain in jaw

Aha.

OK, they must have suspected "angina" at that time, and that is why they put that diagnosis in your chart.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you Doctor.
So does this mean I have it? I’ve been told FH is genetic. I have a new doctor as I moved area not long after it was diagnosed so only recently saw it in my medical records my new doctor has not mentioned it should I make him aware

Having it in your medical chart doesn't mean that you actually have it.

It means your doctor suspected it at one time.

Whether or not you have it depends on the results of the testing -- especially a cardiac stress test (which should have been ordered if you were having chest pains).

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you. I think this means I will have to go through the tests again as my health has deteriorated

You're welcome.

Best of luck to you.