How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask neurosurg Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 23463
Type Your Medical Question Here...
neurosurg is online now

I walked in to a heavy metal post with out seeing it and

This answer was rated:

I walked in to a heavy metal post with out seeing it and banged the top of my sternum. It still is very painful to touch, breath and move
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: PAINKILLERS, rh side top of ribcage is tender and painful, pulling myself up, putting hands over my head, turning to the right and left, talking to loudly , and breathing too deeply is painful
JA: Have you seen a doctor about the tenderness?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: epilepsy but is under control apart from occasional focal aware seizures and chronic depression
Hello-When did this happen?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
about 7.30 pm on Monday evening
Ok.It sounds as if you have a significant bruise, or perhaps even small fracture in the area given your severe pain. Certainly if you wanted to get this further evaluated, going to the doctor, having x-rays done may be helpful. But often times the treatment will still be the same, pain control as well as giving it time for the swelling to improve.
People can often have discomfort for several weeks after this kind of injury.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no bruise just pain. i didn'tthink there was any point getting t checked out as I guessed they would just say rest and painkillers and I am right
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
too expensive to call you thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I brike my back rib about two years ago and it pierced my lung, this couldn't do that?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok Goodbye
If you were having trouble breathing, then you should see your doctor and get a chest x-ray right away. However this type of injury directly to the front of the chest shouldn’t cause that kind of issue.
neurosurg and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you