Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I have had scabies since August, I’ve done two Permitrhin

Hi, I have had scabies since August, I’ve done two Permitrhin 0.5% cream treatments, three Derbac M treatments, all one week apart, and I still have new bits and scabies rashes appearing. How can I help myself to get rid of this? Also I am taking all the necessary precautions with bedding and clothes etc.
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I have. I stated above what medications I have taken.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i have also been taking anti-histamines
Hi..welcome to just answer.I am caring doc.I can help you today.
Have you treated every one in house?
Are you doing the treatment exactly the way doctor told you to?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes I’m doing it the way that the doctor has told me to and yes they have all done one treatment of permitrhin, with no signs of itching or bumps.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ACTUALLY sorry I don’t want to call
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Can’t afford that
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I didn’t realise it costed £34
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Please don’t call me
Ok.just ignore the call request
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks, do you have any further advice for my condition?
The failure to response to the treatment is usually due to following causes.
1.Improper application. The drug should be applied from the neck downwards all over the body. The most common mistake is that the drug is applied only to the affected areas, which leads to a relapse of the disease.
2.Inadequate application
The drug dispensed should be used and it should not be diluted.
(3) Reinfestation
Reinfestation is a common problem and it occurs because of failure to treat contacts. It can be avoided if the instructions are clearly followed.
4. Resistance
Resistance has been reported with drugs such as lindane, permethrin, and crotamiton.
If you are following the above three steps,there can be possibility of resistant scabies
In that case you can discuss with your doctor regarding alternative options like
combination of lindane and benzyl benzoate or permethrin.The oral drug Ivermectin is also effective.so there are options that you can discuss with your doctor.