DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am a little worried that, despite it apparently being

Hello..I am a little worried that, despite it apparently being rare, I may be suffering from Cushings Syndrome/Disease...
JA: The Endocrinologist can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. Any recent weight loss/gain? Are you excessively thirsty?
Customer: Yes, I have been 8 stone all my life, and within the space of just one week, my weight shot up to 11 stone, all around my abdomen and back, it was so severe the GP immediately ordered liver and kidney tests which came back clear, and then gave me Furosemide tablets in case it was water but to no avail..now the collosal weight has spread between the back of my shoulders,and my face has puffed up alarmingly..always thirsty though and drink a lot of water.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have taken a private cortisol test and it came back very high. I did this because I suffer with chronic insomnia which no sleep hygiene or medication has addressed and it is severely compromising my life. I have also been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, am sufferering from repeated fractures, have been diagnosed recently as being paritally sighted as my eyesight is now so blurred, am very 'foggy' headed, have multiple spontaneous bruises and whenever I have a standard blood test it comes back with a raised white blood count but no sign of infection..this has culminated over several years..

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your recent health

This seems like a Cushing syndrome

You do need further investigations to find out the cause of the problem

You should have a Dexamethasone suppression and urinary cortisol level

Then you might require a CT scan of the adrenal for any adrenal tumor causing this

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thankyou Dr Ehtisham, I will make a GP apppontment for next week..I appreciate your help, have a pleasant weekend.

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service