Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Sumanth, My 2.5 years old daughter has a skin tag at the

Hi Dr. Sumanth,My 2.5 years old daughter has a skin tag at the back of her neck. She just had a bath and while I was dressing her, I noticed that it is a bit darker.Do you think it is normal?The first picture is from today and the second one is from May 2019.
Thank you for requesting me here.
I am currently reviewing your question and I'll be back to you shortly.
Thank you for uploading the images for my better understanding.

This seems to be a simple skin tag and I do not think you need to worry about the colour change at this age group.

You need not worry about any type of Melanoma here.

It is extremely rare and unlikely.

Pediatric melanoma initially increased on average 2% per year since 1973, although its incidence seems to have decreased over the last few years. The biggest increase in recent decades has been in girls ages 15-19, possibly because girls are more likely than boys to sunbathe and use tanning beds.

At this age group it is unheard of.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Do you think it might be darker due to sponging at bath?
Unlikely...but regular scrubbing could make it deeper in colour.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
So even though it is darker it is still normal right?
Yes please!
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am relieved. Thank you very much Dr. Sumanth!

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani