neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

I have been feeling a pain on the right side of my neck,

I have been feeling a pain on the right side of my neck, near the ears. It happened after a very strong headache.
Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Mir happened only once but the pain in the neck is constant.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My right hand and arm are feeling a bit numb now

Hello -

How long has this been going on?

Where exactly in the hand do you feel the numbness?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The pain has been going on for 4 days. The numbness started this evening. The numbness is on the top of my right hand and it goes to the arm.

OK, thanks.

What you are experiencing is likely related to a herniated disc in the neck:

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/cervical-radiculopathy-pinched-nerve/

and this can cause pain to radiate down the arm to the hand.

The fact that this started with headache/neck pain also suggests the "pinched" nerve in the neck possibility here.

If you have considerable pain, or weakness -- MRI of the cervical spine would be ordered. Many people will start with antiinflammatory medications (ibuprofen, naproxen) for now, and see if this improves over the next couple of weeks.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for your help. I was just wondering if it’s normal if that’s happening just on the right side of my body.

Yes, it can happen on either the right or left side. Sometime both at the same time.