wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

After a visit to my dentist I've discovered I have lost a

After a visit to my dentist I've discovered I have lost a lot of bone between my 2 front bottom teeth,the ones next to them havnt lost any.the dentist says my teeth will become loose soon and fall out,I've been booked in for a deep clean for this area but don't know how much this will help. I'm a 44 yr old woman so desperate not to lose my front teeth,is there any private procedure I could have to prevent this?also could I have a bridge in this area if needed?thanks
Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: I went on Wednesday as I got an absess there,that's when she discovered my bone loss
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I think the bone loss is from a tongue bar I had to take out 5 yrs ago due to it making a hole in my gum in the exact same place and needed antibiotics as it swelled up

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No medical problems I know of

can you upload any pictures showing the areas that are affected?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not really,I can't get the camera in my mouth
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just want to know if there's a procedure I could have done to stop the bone loss,or if a bridge would be suitable for that area if it came to losing the teeth,I'm in the uk

First and foremost you need to get your gums back to health with the help of a periodontist and her office.

If necessary you can have bone grafting done to restore some of the lost bone mass in your jaw.

As to if a bridge would work in that area it all depends on the health of your gums, jaw bone and adjacent teeth in the area of tooth loss.

If the bone can be restored enough you could have implants placed instead of a bridge.
Only time will tell what work best for you.

Does this make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS