Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a sore patch on my skin that won’t heal. Assistant:

I have a sore patch on my skin that won’t heal.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Maybe 6 months. No overall changes in skin and nails are fine.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

How old are you? Can you please share a picture of it? Have you got any treatment for it so far?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am 40. It is just above my armpit.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have been using Sudocrem and it kind of gets a little better but never fully heals.

Does it itch?

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This looks like eczema. I would suggest that you should apply over the counter available hydrocortisone cream twice daily on it for 2 weeks and hopefully, it will get better. If the problem persist, see your dermatologist but I reassure you that anything serious like cancer is not likely because cancer is not sore, to begin with, and it wouldn't have gotten better with sudocrem if it was cancer. So please don't stress yourself. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks, no it doesn’t itch but feels a little sore when it makes contact with clothes. I have aqueous cream for my dry hands, would you recommend trying that on it?

Thanks for your input. Aqueous cream is not going to help. Please use Hydrocortisone cream. It is available over the counter without a prescription. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards