Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I recently had consultation with neuro, was diagnosed with

I recently had consultation with neuro , was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 10 years ago , but new GP requested neuro ref , with stiff person syndrome....it's bad , all I can remember , due to sensory overload and exhaustion is him telling me , your like a computer , your software has broken ..., Is he referring to fibromyalgia or FND , sorry ,also doubled my meds to go there and realized I was meant to not take any , but I'm in spasm 24 hours a day everyday , gabba negative, many thanks
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I can't see message. I'm taking diazepam just to manage stiffness pain and pregabs and a tramadol 50mg
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Alot

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

there are medications like lyrica and cymbalta which can help with fibromyalgia

there are muscle relaxers like baclofen and tizanidine and cyclobenzaprine which can help relax some of your muscles

medical marijuana indica type may help decrease pain and help your muscles as well

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have tried most of those

how old are you?

are you male or female?

what is your height and weight?

what do you eat daily?

what questions do you have for me?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
So , you think fibromyalgia then

I can't examine you

what symptoms are you having?

you didn't answer my questions.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Female 51 years , 5ft 3 , 7 and half stone , muscle loss but not due to sitting around but , 5 day episodes with vomiting temperature , but blood tests say . Immune up slightly, but tested lots ....I feel it's a switch in my brain when over exhausted
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Stiffness in muscles , CFS , neck , spine all out ,
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Stiffness in muscles , CFS , neck , spine all out , as well as fnd

you are underweight.

functional neurological disorder?

you vomit 5 times a day?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Sorry ... I wondered if it could be FND as well as fibromyalgia , , the sickness lasts 5 days , then stops , but seriously painful feels like flu x 10, stops but lost all my muscle s

you may have both FND and fibromyalgia.

are you vomiting 5 time a day?

are you having diarrhea?

you may need to cut out gluten, flour, sugar, pasta, bread out of your diet.

you may need a muscle biopsy to see what is going on.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you ��

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

please leave positive feedback when done so I can get credit for helping you today

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Nothing to do with food , don't eat any of those , episode of sickness last only 5 days , when I get over exhausted , managed to avoid having episodes by laying flat in dark room , quietly ....for a year , avoid getting too exhausted , it's slow progress , and only diazepam helpful.

I see.

do you have bad anxiety disorder or anxiety symptoms? psychiatric diagnosis?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No , it doesn't feel like that but know what you mean ,

you may be having migraine headaches which can cause headaches and vomiting.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I do know about cyclical vommiting syndrome , mines not gastro but head and neck .....nausea gets intense , migraine induced

have you been on migraine headache medications before?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No , am thinking about enquiring thanks , just buccestem (spelling), and discovered they can help , thanks

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you . I will .

thanks for the positive feedback

thanks for using JustAnswer.com