Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My 4 years old have very dry throat and she is trying to

My 4 years old have very dry throat and she is trying to clear her throat very often because it feels like obstruction inside :( what I can do to help her ?
Assistant: How severe is this?
Customer: all day long
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: For last 7 weeks

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

a steam shower can help

a humidifier,

drinking more water can help

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Nothing helping even antibiotics, antihistamine and antireflux
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We have got air purifier at her room asking her to drink more water special spray lemon and honey for her throat
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She is using even nebuliser with salt
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I think laryngologist can help

a nebulizer is steamed medications to breath into the lungs.

salt doesn't help with nebulizers.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thats right, is anything I can do to help her to stop ?

she may have asthma causing cough

she may need a real nebulizer or albuterol to help open up her airways to help her breath

she can get prescribed this and tested for asthma by her doctors

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She was using ventolin nothing changed
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do you think real steroids ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She is full of energy she can run for long time with out any breathing problems all started when she has started school in September

steroids can cause throat fungal infections and other side effects. her lungs may be irritated by something in school

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is not a cough is a noise like you have something in you throat and trying to clear but you can’t
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do you think I should see laryngologist and they could check with camera what is inside her throat maybe polips ?

you can have an ENT doctor look down her throat

but if she is able to eat and swallow normally, there is most likely nothing there.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms?

she is able to eat ok and play and go to school normally, correct?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
School told me is more after when she eat something something causing irritation but she is happy little girl very confident

do you have bad anxiety symptoms?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Do you think is something more emotional and behaviour
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes I do have anxiety

I think your anxiety symptoms are magnifying your child's symptoms

your child is most likely fine

and you need to stop worrying so much

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok I am very positive next to her I have got anxiety because she has Cystic Fibrosis and I can’t accept that’s and I am always worrying about her health

I see.

it sounds like you are worried about her cystic fibrosis.

it sounds like you will continue to worry until you see a doctor who can look down her throat

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I just want to know why she is doing that noise and how to help her. Kids saying to her she distracting them in classroom and she is getting upset and cross.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She is 4 and she doesn’t know she has CF she is taking plenty of medicine and she is thinking is normal.

it is most likely her cystic fibrosis which is causing her cough and her noises.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I didn’t tell you about her cf because I wanted to have different view form other doctors but you find out straight away I have got anxiety

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping after Positive Feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will continue my battle to find out what is wrong maybe is blocked in her nose on the back and connecting to throat
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for you help
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
And for trying to find answer

CF patients can produce a lot of mucus in their lungs from CF which can make breathing difficult.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
DNase it could help ?

deoxyribonuclease or Pulmozyme can help patients who have CF

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much

you are welcome