Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My 17 year old daughter has some white spots (spots, not

hi my 17 year old daughter has some white spots (spots, not slough) on her soft pallete and uvula. She feels unwell and has a very sore throat, though no temperature. what treatment do you recommend?
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long has your daughter had the sore throat? Has she used any medication for it?
Customer: 72 hours, simple analgesia and strepsils and tyrocets for it
JA: Has she seen a dermatologist about the sore throat?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in her medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: has gilberts syndrome and functional abdominal pain

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Can you share a picture of his throat?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
two sent
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
its a her, and her temp is 36.8 so apyrexial
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
did you receive the photo's ok?

Please try for a clear image.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
best I can get

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know. Regards

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. I am an associate professor of ear, nose and throat diseases. As per the picture and her symptoms, this sounds like a viral infection that leads to a fungal infection in the throat. The problem begins with a viral infection and then due to low immunity we develop these fungal spots. The treatment in such cases is symptomatic as the disease is self-limiting. I would suggest that you should give her syrup Paracetamol thrice daily for 5 days and give her lots of water and other fluids to drink. In 4 to 5 days, she will start feeling better. If the symptoms persist or if she develops fever more than 101, you should make her see a doctor but I reassure you that it is nothing serious and she is going to be alright. I wish her good luck and that she gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards