Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Assistant: How can I help? I recently had to go into get a

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I recently had to go into get a colonoscopy with biopsies taken. I was then called on Friday to advise that microbiology had found I have a rare bowel infection. It was a really long word that was used and I couldn't make it out on the call as I was out driving. Do you have any idea what it could be?
Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing...they did say it was more likely to occur with someone with low immunity so they were puzzled as all my tests had came back clear

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you

did they find an infection called diverticulitis?

did your doctors put you on a course of antibiotics?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It was last thing on Friday and they advised that my GP had been made aware of the situation. I then contacted my GP and they said they had nothing in from the hospital. It was near closing time and it won't open again until tomorrow. The rare bowel infection they advised I had was a really long word that the person had difficulty saying themselves. I just was wondering what it is ahead of getting back to them when they're open again