Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My daughter has intercranial hypertension, and has recently

Hi my daughter has intercranial hypertension, and has recently recieved treatment for panda's disease an autoimmune disorder prob leaky gut..3 different consultants 2 neurology 1 orthomologist have said 1 she doesn't have iih 2 she has iih 3 she may have iih it's just not active at the moment.She has regressed back to infant stage ,she is 18.Last summer she displayed excellent
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: She had been in mental health wards for past 3 months even though theyve said it's not mental health she is acting phycotic. Last year exactly the same presentation and she came back to normal after a lumber puncture and iv drip of penicillin. Can iih raised present phycosis
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: She has photoreceptor dystrophy also and is registered partially sighted she has Bardet-Biedl syndrome which affects eyesight leading to blindness.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, intracranial hypertension can cause pressure on the brain neurons and can cause psychosis.

she may need another lumbar puncture and treatment with a course of penacillin to see if that helps.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you her neurologist said intercranial hypertension doesnt cause these symptoms I wondered if she actually does have intercranial hypertension or is it the panda's disease inflammation round brain?and would a lumber punture reduce inflammation round brain as last year after being neglected in mh ward for 4 months phycotic she came back to normal after lumber puncture and iv drip of penicillin

a lumbar puncture would check the pressure around the brain and can reduce the pressure

the penicillin would treat any potential strep bacterial around the brain if it was there.

you can give just penicillin and see if that helps the symptoms. if it does, then that points more to panda's disease.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
She was on 2 different types of antibiotics for 14 days .18 abs a day finished last sunday and shes getting worse. Refusing meds, food called 999 twice this wk and she refused to go ambulance or cooperate with gp.she is presenting like a toddler woke up to her covering house in scooty cream scared if I take her back to a& e she will be sectioned under the mental health act. Last year her iih was dropped from 26-16 and she came back to normal after 6 hrs been in this state for over 4 months at my wits end shes been sectioned past 3 summers and it's always been medically resolved .with lp& iv drip of penicillin. Just got her out of mental health ward she was admitted onv7th august ,took 11 wks and 3 consultants before antibiotics were started.Dont want to go down this mental health ward again.ive been saying from wk one her iih is raised.Consultant said it was behavioral down to her autism,hear eyes look differnt& her head looks larger and no one will listen to me

it sounds like she needs a lumbar puncture then.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much, since being diagnosed it was vein of Galen malformation for 6 months then it was changed to intercranial hypertension for 2cyears then neurologist special said not intercranial hypertension its pseudo palpademia. Take her off acezamolotide today then 6 months down the line orthomologist said she has got iih and put her back on acezamolotide. But theyve always made me believe raised iih would not cause phycosis
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
So if I can get a private hospital who do I have to see ORPHOMOLOGIST or neurologist before lp please this is 17wks in this situation. Shes home but I'm terrified I'm going to lose her as she isn't aware I'm her mum.Local hospital just put her in mental health ward shes too vulnerable for this and has been abused from staff for 3months not going down this route again but know shes needing urgent medical treatment

you see a neurologist for a LP.

she needs to get back on acetazolamide

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
She is on acezamolotide 3tabs 3xs a day.

she still needs a lumbar puncture asap

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We were at eye clinic last monday all dr did was scan her eyelids said too iih doesnt cause phycosis.? I've read that it does and you've confirmed this thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you Dr

you are welcome

best of luck to you and your daughter.

Please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I will

thanks

do you see the ratings area?

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

thanks for that.

you found the ratings area.

thanks for using JustAnswer.com