Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I developed lower back ache suddenly on Friday which got

I developed lower back ache suddenly on Friday which got gradually worse when sitting down at work. I also have an ache in my right groin area but the pain in my back is really bad if I just try and sit down for a few minutes and then get up and I am stopped over as though it is seizing up. Being taking pain killers but seems to be getting worse, lying down helps until I try and get up. Advice please!!!

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It sounds like a nerve compression in your lower back, a disc issue can be the cause. I would suggest taking advil 400mg thrice a day and see a doctor for MRI to rule out any disc prolapse.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Useful available over the counter or is it prescription?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Advil over counter?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No phone thanks