the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

What OTC medication would you recommend for someone who is

Hello. What OTC medication would you recommend for someone who is getting over diarrhoea and vomiting. D and V stopped 18 hours ago but cramps ( nowhere near as bad now), and bloating still persist. The person is 37 and recovering from a brain tumour. He is taking levetiracetam, hydrocortisone. He also takes Ranitidine and loratadine (these can be stopped if necessary if they react with an otherwise suitable OTC medication). Thank you.
JA: The Doctor can help. Just a couple quick questions before I transfer you. How long has he been using levetiracetam? Has it helped at all?
Customer: 3 years. He was put on it when the brain tumour was diagnosed. No seizures since except when our local hospital forgot to given him his hydrocortisone for 4 days in December 2018 and he had a steroid crisis. No seizures since.
JA: Has he seen a doctor about the brain tumor?
Customer: Yes he has had surgery and radiotherapy in 2017.
JA: Anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: He has eczema and controlled asthma.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

I would recommend simethicone

you can buy this anywhere OTC

it has a brand name called gas X

but you can buy generic too

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!