Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, General Physician
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I accidentally hit my head quite hard on a very hard piece

Hi there I accidentally hit my head quite hard on a very hard piece of stone I have a headache and a lump on my head. I also feel very sick and dizzy and my brain feels like it’s stinging? Unsure of what to do really.

Hi, I'm Dr Osula, This sounds like symptoms of concussion. Any vomiting? Any confusion or memory loss?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Vomited once, my lip keeps twinging which isn’t normal for me and I keep feeling quite spaced out and I keep staring out too.

Ok, vomiting is considered what we call a red flag for head injuries. This means that because you vomited you'll need to attend A+E so that you can have a full neurological assessment as its possible you might need a CT scan head to ensure there is no internal bleeding.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Ok thank you very much I’ll get my partner to take me now

It could be that the dizziness and possibly the brain vibrating within the skull triggered the vomit, but its better to be safe and be cautious

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I agree. Thank you very much for your help

Thanks for the feedback rating, all the best