Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I think I have a chest infection, been feeling mostly okay

Hello I think I have a chest infection, been feeling mostly okay until I’ve lay down in bed and now lungs feel heavy and coated. Just a bit concerned about going to sleep without getting some sort of medical advice.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I first felt like I might have developed the infection on Thursday, as the previous day I had been running in very cold winds, but have been feeling okay over the weekend until now - I just had some general cold symptoms
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a chest infection already in January this year. I also had asthma as a child, symptoms stopping when I was 17/18, but I fear may be resurfacing

Do you have shortness of breath, fever, cough?

What is your age?

What are your present medications?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Not shortness of breath, but my breathing does feel different - heavier maybe? I’ve had a cough for a few days but no fever.
I’m 24, on no medications

Your present symptoms are not worrisome.

The following would help you;

1) Rest.

2) Plenty of fluids.

3) Deep breathing exercises.

4) Another important home treatment is Menthol steam inhalation - add Menthol salts (available OTC) to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the steam two-three times daily - this will relieve the congestion.

5) Vitamin C tablets will help you. They are taken 500 mg twice a day.

6) Dextromethorphan and guaifenesin combination is one of the best( for cough.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you very much that has lifted a weight

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.