DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have had 2 servere panic attacks in the last 48 hours

I have had 2 servere panic attacks in the last 48 hours which required me to call an ambulance as I thought I was having a heart attack. My fingers begging to spasm from the lack of carbon dioxide I was told. My ECGs both times were clear of any heart condition but a pulse of 115. I am terrified of having one again.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I usually am an anxious person. But this is the first time this has happened. I hadn’t slept for 2 days due to Insomia (which is not normal for me) and I was very dehydrated As I wasn’t eating or drinking due to a bad relationship break up.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Otherwise medically fit and well. Age 35.

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your health

First of all it does not seems like anything serious

The increased pulse rate is likely due to panic attacks or stress

This somehow does not look like anything related to the heart

So if at all you need any medicine it has to be a relaxant or anxiolytic

Hopefully that will work

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for the reply. The panic attacks both times lasted 30 mins and I couldn’t breathe. Felt like I was dying and was all numb and dizzy.

That surely need treatment

You must visit a Psychiatrist as it can affect your quality of life

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok. Thank you.

You are welcome