the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I’ve been on the contraceptive pill for 11 years but this

Customer Question

Hi. I’ve been on the contraceptive pill for 11 years but this month I missed a couple and had sexual intercourse on these occasions. I had some spot bleeding a week ago that only lasted 4 days. As soon as I started to spot bleed I got worried and immediately stopped taking my contraceptive pill. That was 10 days ago now and I still haven’t come on my period. Is this normal? Could the spotting have been my period or would I have still come on when I stopped taking my contraceptive?
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: not anymore. I had lower abdomen aches and back aches when I was spot bleeding and for a couple of days after but not really since
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: my periods aren’t very regular. But it shouldn’t be this late
Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 8 days ago.

Hello. I'm The Good Dr., licensed and practicing physician. Excellent service is my goal.

yes this is pretty normal

and missing 2 days of your period should have minimal effect

I would do a pregnancy test to be sure

but I think you are ok

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  the-good-doctor replied 6 days ago.

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.
​if you have more questions, just reply :)