How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ben Your Own Question
Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1250
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ben is online now

I have been having urination problems. i dont know how much

Customer Question

hi, i have been having urination problems. i dont know how much detail you need but to summarise, when i urinate it takes a while to get started and the stream is fairly slow then at the end i am struggling to get the whole lot out from what it feels like. When im in bed and after urinating i feel like i have somehting trapped near the top of my uretha as if it is blocked. so i have to squeeze and rub my penis to get the last bits out or it dribbles when i put it back away. I havent seen any blood in urination semen or stool. i used to be quite fit but at the moment i am really unhealthy not exerising eating terribly a lot of sugar and not sleeping much mainly due to stress. It has been fairly bad for as long as i can remember but it recently got worse right after i was masturbating with a rough surface. I also haven't had sex for over a year and i have never been tested for an sti. i dont drink alcohol. and im 27
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 6 months ago.

Hello, thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 6 months ago.

If you receive an invitation for a phone call, please know this is automatically generated by the site and has not come from me. Feel free to ignore it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay thanks
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 6 months ago.

It sounds like there is some restriction to the flow of urine to cause these symptoms. At your age, this is typically due to a urethral stricture - a narrowing a some point within the urethra that has formed due to inflammation in that area (either due to trauma or infection). The way to deal with this is to have a flexible cystoscopy via the Urology clinic (see your GP to organise this) which will diagnose and also treat the issue by dilating the stricture. In the meantime, if you feel there has been any risk of STD, it would be prudent to obtain a screen.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 6 months ago.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** any way of making it better by itself?
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 6 months ago.

Not really I’m afraid - it is possible to treat by regular self-catheterisation for a short period of time, but these disposable catheters would need to be prescribed via the Urology clinic.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 5 months ago.

If you would be kind enough to leave a positive feedback rating it would be greatly appreciated (it is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent helping people on this site).

I will still be here to answer any related follow up questions you may have.

Many thanks.