neurosurg
neurosurg,
206912

I've had fever for the past 3 days (with the maximum

Hello there! I've had fever for the past 3 days (with the maximum temperature being 38.1) accompanied with coughing and an irritated throat. Today my temperature just rose up to a 39.5, and my headache is really bad. Is this worrisome? Οr just a flu?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: It just got worse today. No nausea, just muscle pain and chills. I took paracetamol 6 hours ago but it doesn't seem to help.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No, not really. Nothing important (Btw I'm 23, female, not sure if it's important).

Hello -

This sounds like it could be the flu.

Classic flu symptoms:

fever

headache

muscle aches

malaise

So, I would treat it like the flu -- but if you have the capability to get to the doctor to get checked out, that would be helpful, as they could also consider antiviral medication for the flu, as well as make sure this isn't a bacterial infection.

Listening to the lungs to make sure this isn't a pneumonia would be helpful.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Alright, thank you very much. How high my temperature should before I seek help?

39.5 is high enough that if you continue to have this kind of temperature -- I would get seen by your doctor.