Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My problem started over a month ago with bad fever for a few

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My problem started over a month ago with bad fever for a few days and my face started swelling up. The swelling seems to be in and around my sinuses. My nose is blocked most of the time and there is pressure in my head and above brows. I have been on steroid nasal spray for 2 weeks, along with conventional over the counter medication, as well as rinses.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: yes, i got folliculitis which i only treat topically, without many improvements
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 days ago.

What is your further question about this problem?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What is the next step for me? Is it likely this is bacterial related, since i have the skin condition? How is this treated?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 days ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is for sure a sinus infection. This has nothing to do with the skin. Once the nose gets blocked, the opening of the sinuses also gets blocked and then they get infected. You definitely need antibiotics and I reassure you that you are going to be alright after that. Till you see your doctor, you should try over the counter available tablet Claritin once daily for 7 days and Afrin nasal drops, 2 drops thrice daily for 4 days. Take steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily. I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This has been going on for more than a month, and all along i've had swelling in cheeks and eyelids. Is this normal?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 days ago.

This is not normal definitely but such infections can carry on for long and can get converted to a chronic infection. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 days ago.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It's my goal to deliver excellent services, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site. Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not really, i've been taking claritin, ibuprofen and corticosteroids and nothing helped. T
he swelling does not go away, as well as the pressure in my forehead
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 days ago.

But you haven't used antibiotics?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 days ago.

Pressure in head and swelling is a symptom of a sinus infection and antibiotics can help with that. The steroid can only reduce congestion but can't treat an infection. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What type of antibiotics?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 12 days ago.

Like clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily for 14 days.