Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, General Physician
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

Hiya, I just don't know what to do anymore, I'm having panic

Hiya, I just don't know what to do anymore, I'm having panic attacks before going to work everyday, and then I just get really upset or paranoid and angry
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I'm not sure, it's been a while now, I have attempted dumb things a few times and I honestly think it's work that is making it worse. As that's where I have most of my issues
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not really

Hello, I'm Dr Osula, how are you today?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm a bit anxious at the minute how are yoi

try to stay calm it will be fine.

Is it work that triggers your panic attacks?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yeah that's the conclusion I've came up with at the moment

Are there any issues at work?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's just the whole place it's self the managers aren't helpful or understanding and everyone slags everyone off I generally have become so depressed and had so many suicidal thoughts when I know I have to go there

Have you spoken to anyone about this?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yeah at work and they just said I'm being dramatic. I just feel like I need a break but it's impossible

So basically, you're having Work-related stress which is leading to anxiety and low mood symptoms. Is there anything you've done to help with this?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've tried walking to work, listening to music ect but nothings worked. I had a week off and that didn't help because they all started rumours ect when I was gone as it was holiday which I took

Do you have employee assistance programme at work?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No don't even know what that is

Ok, its a programme some workplaces provide for employees dealing with issues liek work and anxiety, it would normally be stated in your contract when you joined

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No it's not, we don't have them sort of packages

Ok, there are few things you can do to help yourself

You need to speak to HR or line manager and tell them you need occupational health assessment as you having work-related stress thats affecting your health. The purpose of this will be to see if there's any reasonable work adjustments that work did not consider but can be provided as well as a stress risk assessment looking at whats affecting you at work and how to manage it.

You should also consider counselling or anxiety management to help with your anxiety and low mood. If you tell me your local area I can send you a link you can self- refer yoursefl to.
Ideally, you want to avoid medication at this stage as you know what the trigger is, and its dealing with it

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yeah okay my list code is cv312dp

Is that Coventry?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Leamington

Ok, I went to university of Warwick, and lived in Leamington spa for a year. But that was over a decade ago

You can self-refer through this website. There is number you can contact and self-help resources avaialable also that you can use for anxiety and low moods

https://www.covwarkpt.nhs.uk/iapt/

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

Do you have any further questions?

Thanks, if happy with my service, I'll appreciate some feedback ratings