Dizziness, difficulty thinking, weaknesses In legs, pins, and needles, would need to rule out;
1) Hormonal issue
2) Neurological issue
4) Deficiency disorder.
1) Electromyography/nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS)
2) MRI of the spine and brain
3) blood glucose, glucose tolerance test and glycosylated hemoglobin
4) serum B12 level with methylmalonic acid (with or without homocysteine),
5) serum protein electrophoresis
6) Antinuclear antibody
7) Lyme testing
8) Rheumatoid factor
9) Sjogren's syndrome testing (Anti-Ro, Anti-La Antibodies)
The causes of dizziness according to the decreasing incidence are;
1) Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) 20%
2) Vestibular 15%
3) Migraine and motion sensitivity 15%
4) Anxiety and depression 10%
5) Meniere's disease 7%
6) Cerebellar disease 6%
7) Transient ischemic attacks 5%
8) Orthostatic hypotension 4%
The causes to rule out are;
2) An underactive thyroid gland
3) Excessive use of alcohol
4) Thiamine deficiency
5) Vitamin B 12 deficiency (pernicious anemia)
6) Vitamin B 6 (pyridoxine) taken in excessive amounts
7) Drugs, medications, herbs
8) Autoimmune diseases
9) Heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.
" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.