DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

When I record the sound of my heart at the top of my chest I

When I record the sound of my heart at the top of my chest I get a Duh Duh Dub sound for every beat. I get light headed and go all cold down my arms over round my stomach and down the rest of my body and feel weak. I had ecgs and heart monitor done 2 weeks previous which showed nothing abnormal but I still get these and when I lie in my left I get a big triple beat nearly every time. Does this indicate there is an underlying problem even though the tests were fine? I’m worried there is something wrong.

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you have any stress or anxiety?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I do have slight anxiety because of the mutiple symptoms I have been getting. I have been referred to neurology for off balance and nerve issues with tingling and going really cold all over my body. I get really light headed and my chests gets pains and feels pressure and a squeezing feeling in certain places in chest. My discomfort is worse when I lie down.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I can’t afford to talk on phone unfortunately

Thanks for the details and audio clip

This does not sound abnormal

Since you had a normal ECG and 24 hour Holter so it is unlikely to be heart related

I assume it is most likely a stress related problem

Another thing to look for is a thyroid dysfunction or hyperthyroidism

You can have a thyroid function test to rule out this possibility

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So what is causing the duh duh duh sounds and why do I get big triple beat palpitations when I lie on the left side? What are the chances of there being a problem? Is it a low percentage?

This can be due to tachycardia or increase in pulse rate

The percentage of anything serious is very less

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have had blood tests taken when at hospital. Would they be just general bloods and would that include thyroid function test already?

This has to be checked with your doctor but mostly with such symptoms thyroid functions are done routinely

Are you with me?

Anything else you need help with?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can the feelings I’m getting be linked with why I’m going completely cold and get very light headed when I stand up? This has all happened within the last 2 months I have never had any of this before

Yes these can be linked

Even these can occur with a panic attack as well

Anything else you need help with?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That’s everything thanks

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service