Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I think I have a problem with my middle ear. If I move my

Customer Question

I think I have a problem with my middle ear. If I move my head I become very dizzy and feel very sick. I was with someone yesterday when it happened and they said my eyes were flicking from side to side. It has got worse over night. I have had this before but much milder and it was gone within 24 hours. I have some anti sickness tablets from the last time but don’t know how old they are or how many I can take. I took one at midnight last night but could really do with another one. I am worried as it is worse than last time and is lasting longer.
Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: September, vision good
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I take 10mg of citalopram
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Uzair and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 days ago.

This is most likely a problem with the inner ear, also known as Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). In this condition, microscopic calcifications arise in the inner ear semicircular canals responsible for maintaining balance. The symptoms are dizziness especially during head movements and sharp turns, headache can also be associated. The treatment is simple and effective. It is known as the Epley's maneuver and is done at your doctor's office. This shifts the microcalcifications and re-positions them, thus alleviating the symptoms. I will suggest that you get in touch with your GP for an evaluation and the Epley's maneuver.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!