Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

My daughter has been ill four days with high fevers. GP

Hi my daughter has been ill four days with high fevers. GP suspected it was a UTI so she is on trimethoprim. However now she has developed a sore throat and there are white spots on her tonsils. Will trimethoprim effectively treat tonsillitis? Thanks?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?
Customer: Not a skin issue
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Trimethoprim is effective against tonsillitis also.

Ideally, a throat swab should be done, which tells the optimum antibiotics.

But in all likely Trimethorpim will take care of sore throat and tonsillitis.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you I will continue to give her the medication prescribed. Will it take longer to work the penicillin?

You are very welcome.

It will take around 3-5 days to show the optimum effect. If her fever does not get better or any new symptom arrives, she will need to visit the doctor again and get the blood work and throat culture.

Wishing her a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time with you.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.