Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I'm on the 5th day of a tonsilitis prescription and that has

Customer Question

Hello, I'm on the 5th day of a tonsilitis prescription and that has got better but I still feel very weak, tire, light headed, dazed and I was wondering if this means I might have glandular fever as the doctor said that it was possible for that to occur after. Also, I have very bloodshot eyes but they don't feel unusually dry or irritating.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I don't take any medications daily nor am I allergic to any. I have, however, been on penicillin for my tonsilitis.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Has anybody considered the possibility of infectious mononucleosis in you?

2. Have you ever been tested for Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) at any point of time?

3. Did you have any fever before all this started, I mean prolonged un-diagnosed intermittent and recurrent fever?

4. When was your thyroid status last checked?

5. Are you pale or anemic?

6. Do you have any lymph node swelling in the neck region or in the armpits or in the groins?

7. Do you have any easy fatiguability?

8. Are you experiencing any small joint pains and swellings?

9. Are you having early morning stiffness?

10. Is there any rash anywhere else in the body?

11.Are your tonsils swollen and are there any whitish streaks on them?

12.May I request you to upload an image of the throat please?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
1. Yes the doctor who diagnosed me with tonsillitis
2. I don’t know
3. no
4. I’m not sure if it’s ever been checked
5. not pale or anemic
6. no
7. Yes I am fatigued
8. no pains or swelling
9. Yes I do feel stuff in the morning
10. no rash
11. They were white and swollen but now they are not because I have had antibiotics
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

Hello...thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having infectious mononucleosis or EBV infection (reactivation) but the images are not 100% correlating except mild enlargement of tonsils.

Mononucleosis, or "mono," is a viral infection. It causes fever, sore throat, tiredness, and swelling of the neck glands. Some people call mono "the kissing disease." That's because kissing is 1 of the ways you can catch mono. It usually affects children, teenagers, and young adults.

It can be diagnosed by a simple blood test called EBV VCA IgM and IgG.

But even if you do have mono, the test might not show the infection during the first 2 weeks of symptoms.

It is a simple innocuous chronic viral illness.

There is no treatment that cures mono. But medicines like Tylenol or Ibuprofen can relieve the pain and fever mono causes.

Antibiotics do not work on mono.

You will probably start to feel better in 1 to 2 weeks. But it can be a month or more before you get back to normal. Most people get over mono with no lasting problems.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

It is showing that you have requested a phone call - but the payment has failed.

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 7 days ago.

Hope I have attended your query to your satisfaction. I will be happy to help if there are any further questions in this regard and be of assistance to you please.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 4 days ago.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please?

If I have attended your query to your satisfaction please do remember to rate our interaction with a 5 star rating so that I can get my professional credit.

This is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and effort.

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani