DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I’m really worried about HIV. My partner doesn’t think she

Hi there, I’m really worried about HIV. My partner doesn’t think she has it but we had unprotected sex about 4 weeks ago but this week I’ve had pains in my stomach, limbs aching but haven’t had a fever, should I be worried?
Assistant: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No vomiting or nauser and the pain has been for a week, I do get anxiety about my health so that is probably making things worse
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is Dr.Ehtisham. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

First of all if your partner does not have HIV so you can not have it through sex

Secondly if someone do get an HIV through someone the seroconversion presents with typical symptoms of fever,sore throat,rash,enlarged glands and muscle and joint pain

So you need not to worry as these symptoms are not suggestive of HIV infection

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Well my partner doesn’t know for certain as she hasnt been tested for a while. I’ve been taking my temperature regularly and it’s been fine but tonight I’ve been really worried and my temperature has risen. Would I be getting other symptoms if it was hiv?

Yes if you would have an HIV seroconversion you will have most of the above mentioned symptoms

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I haven’t had sore throat or headaches. What temperature would be classed as a fever?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have atopic eczema so I’m not sure what the rash would look like, are there any specifics to the HIV rash?

Anything above 37 degree

Usually it is in the form of small macules and papules

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My temperature has been between 37 or 38 today should I be worried or could this be caused by stress? Many thanks

Just monitor it

This can have many reasons

HIV infection can give a whole lot of other symptoms as I mentioned above

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay that’s great thank you Dr I’ll stop worrying and I’m sure the symptoms will go away.

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars rating to give me credit for my service

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry DR one last question, would you have the symptoms all at the same time and does one symptom usually show up first before the others?

Usually they appear more or less at the same time or within 24-48 hours of each other

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry I promise this is the last one, I have these on my arms that are a little like red spots. Does this look different to HIV rashes?

No they don,t seems like HIV rashes

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Dr, I got my full blood count results back today and they were all completely normal, would they be abnormal with early HIV?

Yes usually there is a drop in white cell count with HIV

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks Dr would that be the case in early HIV as well?

Yes in acute seroconversion as well

You are welcome