Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I am bleeding from the anus today constantly. Not huge

Hello, I am bleeding from the anus today constantly. Not huge amounts, went to a&e and have been told that I have an anal fissure so will need an op - so now waiting. I have had these before but only had bleeding during and shortly after a movement. However, this time the bleeding is constant. I have a tissue lining my pants because the blood is staining my pants. Is this normal? Am I going to have to continue in this discomfort until surgery?
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Good, I felt pain in the anus after a workout on the treadmill 5 days ago, bug thought it would go away. Instead I am now bleeding since this morning.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: 2 X ops for fissure where Botox was injected. Also suffer from acid reflux.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

When they have planned your surgery?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
2 weeks time

Are you using any medicines?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes I was prescribed a laxative & diltiazem cream
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This one

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Your condition is basically called chronic anal fissure and it is not safe to have continuous bleeding till your surgery as by losing blood for so many days, you may not remain fit for the surgery. I would suggest that you should contact your doctor and ask for an earlier appointment. If not possible they may give you transamine capsules and maybe antibiotics if they suspect an infection. These measures can stop the bleeding but just wait and watch is not advised in such cases. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will see my GP on Monday

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you for good health. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how we get compensated for our time and effort here for you. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards