Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My son has liquid was running out his ear Assistant: How

My son has liquid was running out his ear
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: wax*
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no colds

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

How old is he? Is he suffering from flu as well? What is the color of liquid?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He just turned 7
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He had an ear operation 8 months ago

An operation for what?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
To get grommets
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Liquid is olive oil colour
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No colds or flu
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Light brown sorry
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Light ear wax colour

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. If he had a grommet in then it is more likely that he can get a middle ear infection. I would suggest you take him to the doctor tomorrow and get antibiotics. This can be wax as well but definitely that can be ruled out after infection but since he had a grommet in, it should be taken as infection until proven otherwise. Light brown is more consistent with wax, however. I am an ENT as well. I reassure you that at least there is nothing serious. I wish him good luck and that he gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. We will go to the doctor tomorrow

You are most welcome. ? My best wishes and prayers will be following you both for good health. Regards