Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

I’m constantly itchy down there area, no STI and not a yeast

I’m constantly itchy down there area, no STI and not a yeast infection. Not too sure what I can do as it’s really uncomfortable
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: About 2-3 days
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images of the skin lesion, so that I can see and guide you better please.

You may see a phone call request, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There’s nothing on my skin
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It’s all inside, I feel like I need to wee but I can’t and then it’s itchy from the inside, if taken tablet for thrush and nothing’s helped

What tablet have you taken and how have you confirmed that it is not thrush please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Fluconazole
I have had no discharge and the tablet has made no change in my symptoms so I pressure it isn’t thrush, I had sex with my partner and we used aloe Vera oil and I’m not sure if this has irritated my skin or caused an infection? I’m unsure but it’s really uncomfortable

I was just about to ask this - if you had used any other application or herbal medication.

I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Vaginal candidiasis.

2. Local allergic response or inflammation due to the irritant or contact dermatitis due to oil.

3. Bacterial Vaginosis - unlikely as it is only itching and not other symptoms like pain or fever.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm (Non OTC)

2. Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm (OTC)

3. Topical emollients and lotions will help.

If not settling - you might require - vaginal swab for culture and sensitivity so that we will have a microbiological diagnosis please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So how many tablets do you suggest taking? 4 for a day?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Where am I able to buy this hydroxizine from?
Hydroxyzine is not available over the counter rather than that you can take syrup Benadryl as I had suggested.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Great thankyou for you’re help
May I request for a 5 - star positive rating so that I can get my professional credit please!

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani