Srividhya V S
Srividhya V S,
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Dr V S Srividhya
103130152

I am 25 years old now (female). When I was about 10, I had

I am 25 years old now (female). When I was about 10, I had braces on my front four teeth for just over a year. They got removed and I had slight discolouration around the braces as expected. Over the years, it has faded and I never notice it anymore. Now over the past few days, I have been fighting a cold in my throat and sinuses. This morning, I woke up and before brushing my teeth, I noticed that the very old white marks around my old braces have gotten very white and noticeable. Brushing my teeth didn’t help. What could be causing this? And how can I make it go away?
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?
Customer: It is not a skin issue
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Hello.
I am Dr VazSV.
I am here to help you.

May I see a photo of the teeth if you could send please?

Any patch like area on the teeth?

Is your tooth painful?
When was your last dental consult?

Do you do any regular flossing of the teeth?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No specific tooth pain, just general tenderness from sinus pressure
Thanks for posting the image...
Please wait while I type my answer.
It looks like a normal staining of the tooth .. might be bit excess of calcification...

I would suggest you to consult your dentist and get a thorough cleaning done along with the gums so that the enamel would be protected...

It would be good if you can practice dental flossing also...more so because you have underwent a teeth alignment procedure..this will help you in keeping the entire surfaces of each teeth clean and prevent staining or decays..

You can do it once in two months or as advised by your dentist...
It can be done by you at your home itself.
I have answered your question to the best of my knowledge.

I would be glad to clarify any further doubts.

Kind regards-Dr VazSV
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am just curious why it seems to have become so much more noticeable seemingly just overnight. From “you can see it if you look for it” to “you can’t miss it”
It can happen sometimes.. especially during winter...the accumulation of the deposits become prominent one day..

It doesn't have any correlation with your sinusitis unless you have a tooth ache or a radiating pain to the ears or head
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay. Thank you
Thank you very much for giving me a good rating.

Wish you all good health always.

Take care.

Kind regards-Dr VazSV.