wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Ive just had a really bad cold, achy tired and my throat

ive just had a really bad cold, achy tired and my throat feels like ive swallowed glass and its been over a week and not feeling much better
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: no fever no existing conditions
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had pneumoia couple of years ago

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
male 63 no other problems no medication
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have no voice to speak on a call

That is OK. We can just chat here by typing....

You very well might have come down with a secondary bacterial throat infection, possibly even strep throat.......

Since it is Sunday, the safest thing to do would be to head on over to the A&E for a good exam.

They will be able to do a rapid throat test to rule out strep throat (which, if left untreated, can cause heart problems....) and, if needed, get you started on some oral antibiotics to clear things up.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
yes makes sense thanks for your help