wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have bleeding after sex which lasts about a week but never

Hi there. I have bleeding after sex which lasts about a week but never really stops.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: I have good health.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i suffer from poly cystic overy syndromw

Hi. My name is Dr Rick, I have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How old are you?

Any pain?

What type of sexual activity are you engaging in?
Any toys/foreign objects?

Are you having problems with lubrication?

how much blood?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’m 51 years of age and married. I have started to have pain during my period. That has changed over the last six months. I had trouble conceiving after my daughter was born saw specialists regarding having another child. After many pills and potions I gave up and started taking natural medication. ‘Angus Castus’ this regulated my periods and instead of having them sporadically, they arrived every 28 days and were very normal. Over the last six months they have become very painful and heavy and only last two to three days with lots of pain.
Our sex life was good, healthy and yes to toys. No pain during sex. The amount of blood currently is not heavy as is my current period cycle but is steady and I do have to wear sanitary towels constantly.

From what you have posted you may be experiencing peri-menopausal hormonal imbalances.

The best thing to do is to have a complete exam, including a pelvic exam and lab tests, by an OB/GYN.

While you may have had some initial relief from Angus Castus, you would be better off to go with modern medical therapy.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS