Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been in bed for three days now. Started with

Customer Question

I have been in bed for three days now. Started with shivering and feeling cold. Now have terrible diarrhoea and stomach cramps and absolutely no energy . Is this flu ?
Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: Felt nausea a couple of times but actually sick. Haven’t eaten since Friday am
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
It sounds like more than the flu right now

You've probably got a viral enteritis--some call it a stomach bug

That usually runs its course in about a week

For now I suggest oral probiotics, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day, plenty of juices, and the BRAT diet of bananas, rice, applesauce and toast

But if this goes on beyond another four days you need to see your doctor for blood work and a stool culture to see if it's bacterial, in which case you'd need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information