Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have herpes (genital) I’m a girl and haven’t had an

Hi there, I have herpes (genital) I’m a girl and haven’t had an outbreak in a while. I slept with a boy on Friday night and only used a condom for a little bit. How long does he need to wait to get tested?
Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: I would say pretty good, and no I have not asked a doctor how long you need to wait till you are tested before
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No I don’t think so

Hello. I'm Dr Chip

His risk for contracting herpes would be very low

But he can be tested in two weeks--if he did contract the virus the antibodies would have shown up by then

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you so much
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will let him know now, so it is pretty unlikely normally isn’t it? As I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for 2 years and he didn’t get it but I didn’t know if we were just lucky?

Very, very unlikely

My pleasure to help

I'm here if you ever need me again

Please remember to rate my service to you so I can get credit for my time