Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I have been in contact before. I had Meningitis at the age

Hi, I have been in contact before. I had Meningitis at the age of 4 & 1/2. I am now 38 years of age. As a result of this I have never been in a relationship and I have been having perimenopausal symptoms for 8 years. Could you help
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I saw the doctor & said I think your starting to go through perimenopause no medication given. I am using serenity cream that has help a little.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I don't take any medication just vitamins. I am not allergic to anything.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. What are your symptoms? Are they getting worse over time?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, my symptoms are Irritability, hot flushes , tender breasts, fatigue, irregular periods, mood swings, urine leakage, trouble sleeping, worse premenstrual symptoms
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No I would rather not talk on the phone thank you.

No problem. Chat is fine. Your symptoms seem quite uncomfortable. Have you discussed hormone replacement therapy with your GYN doctor? They are the experts, and they can guide you on the options. Some women choose to go on a half dose initially to see if it is effective. Others opt to use an estrogen cream, which can be quite effective with less risk. The amount one uses can also be titrated (fine tuned) to the minimum amount that works.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, Thank you for your message. At the moment I have only seen my GP about my symptoms she didn't seem that worried. The symptoms are really uncomfortable. Do you think a GYN doctor could help me further.

Yes. Absolutely. They are the experts at diagnosing and treating these types of symptoms.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you very much for your message and thank you for your help I will do that. Many thanks Rachael

Thanks for using our service.